Thursday, December 20, 2012

The trim down continues

The GT is loosing a lot of weight these days...I've been trimming and trimming it back. The bike started with a published dry weight of over 350 lbs...not sure where it is now but I can flick it around the garage with little effort. I have been trimming off all the unneeded tabs and smoothing the frame down with a angle grinder with a cut off wheel and 120 grit flap wheel. It's starting to look very clean .
In my opinion a bike is only as good as the parts that are unseen, that why I take my time to smooth out all the tab cut offs and what ever else slag I find from the original manufacturing process. That to me separates the builder from the hack, taking the time to go the extra step on things that only you know are there...



No comments:

Post a Comment